I scanned the notes that I managed to jot down during the one day conference. Excuse the horrible and chicken scratch hand-writing. Blame the pen -_-
Wait I didnt scan. I took photos of if using my mother's phone since her phone is very advanced, the image quality is far more better than my crappy Blackberry...can I get a new phone now T_T
The images below are not in order, but I dont think that would be a problem. I edited a little, just to make sure its read-able. Have a look and take time to read.
Alhamdulillah, I must say I enjoyed this conference so much, I felt like one day was not enough.
I loved all the speakers, I was introduced to new speakers and they were mostly from USA. Islamophobia much right? To some certain extent, I feel like going back there because I loved the atmosphere of Muslims with different cultural backgrounds, different English accents =P, race and skin color! Its fantastic yer knowwwww. In the end we all wanted the knowledge, to be enlightened and inshaAllah improve ourselves to another level. Among the best speakers were Sheikh Daood Butt, Yushra Evans, Sheikh Ala ElSayed, Sister Tasneem Ghauri and many more =) In the morning we arrived, me and Kak Atin went straight to Fatih Seferagic's workshop. Errrr I sat like very at the front so I could see him talking clearly. Must say, he's a good Muslim youth Idol. Apparently wearing casual or stylish clothes like he did that day shows that he is a normal person, but possess a talent in memorizing and reciting the Quran. He lowered his gaze most of the times because the whole room was occupied by Muslimahs so yeah we understand Fatih, we understand. Haha.
He was about to recite Surah Ar-Rahman during this time, mashaAllah very beautiful :")
His advices were :
- When reading the Quran, we must take time in order to study the contents too. Not just merely reading it. We have to understand what we read, thats why having a tafsir is a smart choice.
- When memorizing or just reading, we must find a teacher. Because when you're alone, you are bound to make more mistakes.
- Revision! By this he meant to re-read back the Surahs, to revise the tajweed or makhrajs. Its not about finishing within time, but to make sure there is less mistakes. Its better to memorize 5 juzu' without mistakes than 10 juzu' with many mistakes. Its all about quality, over quantity. Always chill =).
- He also mentioned how the Quran is greatest miracle that our ummah is possessing. Its also a revelation brought by The Prophet, as the messenger of Allah. Reading it, by just reading without understanding, God already give rewards for one word = 10 rewards (right? lol). He himself has not mastered the Arabic language yet, but he attends these classes so it will make the memorizing task easier.
- In the Quran, some kalimahs are in repetition. This is what he said, when someone actually ask what makes it easier? Yeah I can actually see the point. I found most surahs in the Quran has repetitions, simply to give reminders to us humans that tend to be very forgetful at times :)
- Thanks Fatih! (perlu ke)
And.......one of the main specialties of public talks are REUNIONS! I met old school friends, friends from UK and tegur-ed/smiled at some famous cyber world people. I dont think I need to mention that K
- Met Kak Ateeqa Nasha, the last time we met was 2007 at BM GCSE Manchester. Almost 7 years lol.
- Manchester gals, Shami and Kak Atin
- Seserians with Nik, Nunu and Mayah. Met Farahin with her sister Kak Liyana too.
- Syaza, my primary school friend
So finally I made this post unDRAFT. Ideas are always lacking nowadays =/
Thanks for reading and Happy day!